Thursday, July 14, 2011

Review: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils

Hey Gorgeous Girlies! 


Just recently a beauty supply store opened up by my grandmothers house. And this store sells NYX! This is only store in my area that sells NYX and its still pretty far away. ): But anyways, the first time I walked into the store I had to pick something up from NYX. So since I have heard so much rave on these products, I decided to pick up a NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil. I bought the shade Strawberry Milk.


NYX Jumbo Pencils are just cream eyeshadow in a stick! (: They have a wide range of colors which makes them fun to collect.
Strawberry Milk is the only one that I own and it is a light pink shade.


Pros:

  • Very affordable
  • Portable
  • Pigmented
  • Creamy
  • Easy to use
  • Wide range of colors
Cons:
  • Creases it not set with a powder eye shadow
  • Is not true to color

I like this product very much. The only I don't like is that on my skin tone the pink comes up almost silvery. It barely has a pink tine to it. Maybe its just my skin-tone, buts its really bothering. Another con is that this creases really bad. I need to first use a primer, then the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil, and then my powder shadow to keep the colors from creasing.

All in all, I think the Jumbo Eye Pencils from NYX are a good idea, maybe just not for me. But I am going to try out Milk because I can always use a white base and everyone always raves about the shade Milk.
Overall Rating- 3/5

Thanks for reading!
-Ebony

2 comments:

  1. hi! i saw a post of yours on luuux and found out you're a blogger, just like me! welcome to the blogosphere! i'm liking your posts so i'm following :)

    i agree with you, this particular color looks too frosty and less pink on me too. but milk is pretty true to color, still creases though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for following!
    Thank goodness that the issue with Strawberry Milk wasn't my imagination! I thought mine might have been a defect or something. (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It helps alot! :)